Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Taking Stock

Summer is traditionally when we have a chance to catch our breath. Many academics have disappeared to finally catch up with their research - or with their home lives.

In Research Services it's a chance to get on with all those jobs we've been putting off all year - the dull but necessary housekeeping ones - but also to look ahead and start planning for the forthcoming year.


For me, I'm taking stock of the Grants Factory and the ECR Network from last year. I've set up a short survey, so if you came along to any of the events, do take a couple of minutes to let me know what you think.

I've already had some responses, and there are some interesting ideas emerging for next year. For instance, should we move away from the more formal events where attendees listen to an experienced speaker, and instead have cohorts of people who help and support each other as they prepare their proposals? Should we make more use of external training providers? Should we continue to facilitate more informal social gatherings in the evening?

I hope to have a draft programme ready next month, in readiness for the new term in October. In the meantime, if you have any thoughts on previous Grants Factories, or ideas for next year, do drop me a line.


No comments:

Post a Comment